What is Sisterhood?
The Sisterhood of Temple Beth Hillel ismade up of the women of Temple Beth Hillel. We’re old and young and somewhere in between. We’re employed, either part-time or full-time, both in the home and out. We’re retired, but active in temple life. We have little kids, big kids, empty nests or no nests. We all have full lives and the issue of extra time for volunteering is relative. No one seems to have it, yet we seem to find it when there are important things to get done. Sisterhood and Brotherhood are the supportive arms of this wonderful community. Following are just some of things we do for our Temple family:
New special events to be announced soon!
For Our Youth
- Support holiday celebrations with apples and honey for Rosh Hashanah, candles and dreidels at Chanukah and flags for Simchat Torah.
- Present Kiddush cups to children beginning religious school and Day School.
- Present gifts and Uniongrams to each Bar/Bat Mitzvah and Adult B’nai Mitzvahs.
- Present Bibles and Uniongrams to each Confirmand.
- Serve as positive role models for our young women.
For Our Temple
- Provide food items and volunteers for all Friday evening Onegs.
- Provide Bima flowers for High Holiday and Friday evening Shabbats.
- Provide low-cost Kiddushes for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.
- Present a gift to each adult B’nai Mitzvah.
For Reform Judaism (As members of Women of Reform Judaism)
- Provide funds for the training of rabbis, cantors and Jewish educators through the Y.E.S. Fund (your purchase of Uniongrams helps to provide these funds), donate to the World Union for Progressive Judaism, donate to MAZON, donate to Circle of Service and support the causes of Women of Reform Judaism.
Activities Sisterhood Sponsors
- Annual Shabba-Que Barbeque (with Brotherhood)
- Chanukah Boutique
- Members Game Night
- Tu B’shvat Seder
- Passover cooking class
- Brotherhood/Sisterhood evening
- Women’s Seder
- Spring Jewelry Fair
- Monthly Book Club
- Judaica Gift Shop in the lobby
Membership in Sisterhood is $42/year.We welcome all levels of involvement.